Major Ramp Closures After Officer Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
An OPP officer was struck by a car in Mississauga this morning, and police have reported a few road closures as a result.
Police say the following closures are in effect: 403 westbound off ramp to Hurontario, 403 westbound on ramp from northbound Hurontario, 403 eastbound on ramp from southbound Hurontario.
Reopening times are currently unknown.
The officer was transported to Sunnybrook serious condition, but his vitals have been stable since.
The crash was "as the result of a traffic stop" at Hurontario and the 403, say Peel Regional Police.
The suspect vehicle is a charcoal grey Chrysler 300 with black rims and Quebec license plate FLK8756.
Anyone with info on the suspect vehicle should call police immediately.
UPDATED: Northbound and southbound ramps are open as of about 1:40 p.m.
Cover photo courtesy of PRP
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- This Mississauga Resident is Kicking Off the Weekend With a Huge Lotto Win
- Mississauga-Based Restaurant Planning Enormous Expansion
- OPP Officer Struck by Vehicle on Hwy 403 in Mississauga
- Suspect Vehicle Located, Driver Missing After Officer Injured in Crash This Morning
- Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle
- UPDATED: Multiple Vehicle Crash and Police Investigation in Major Area of Mississauga
- Vehicle Fire Blocks Off Ramp and Two Lanes on 403 in Mississauga