Major Ramp Closures After Officer Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
An OPP officer was struck by a car in Mississauga this morning, and police have reported a few road closures as a result.
Police say the following closures are in effect: 403 westbound off ramp to Hurontario, 403 westbound on ramp from northbound Hurontario, 403 eastbound on ramp from southbound Hurontario.
Reopening times are currently unknown.
The officer was transported to Sunnybrook serious condition, but his vitals have been stable since.
The crash was "as the result of a traffic stop" at Hurontario and the 403, say Peel Regional Police.
The suspect vehicle is a charcoal grey Chrysler 300 with black rims and Quebec license plate FLK8756.
Anyone with info on the suspect vehicle should call police immediately.
UPDATED: Northbound and southbound ramps are open as of about 1:40 p.m.
Cover photo courtesy of PRP
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- OPP Officer Struck by Vehicle on Hwy 403 in Mississauga
- Suspect Vehicle Located, Driver Missing After Officer Injured in Crash This Morning
- Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle
- UPDATED: Multiple Vehicle Crash and Police Investigation in Major Area of Mississauga
- Stabbing investigation closes major QEW off-ramp in Mississauga