Luxurious Mississauga Restaurant Offers Iraqi Cuisine With a Twist
If you love Middle Eastern food and need a new experience to go along with it, then this fantastic Mississauga joint surely won’t disappoint.
Joummar, located at 2575 Dundas Street West (just off the intersection of Dundas and Winston Churchill Boulevard) offers “food with experience” - and as soon as you walk in, you’ll see why that’s their slogan.
The multi-level restaurant, which specializes in delicious Iraqi cuisine, boasts a gorgeous and luxurious interior that just screams “fine dining”, providing a rich atmosphere while you enjoy your meal.
The jewel in Joummar’s crown is its glass-house open fire grill. Through the glass, everyone has a clear view of what’s being cooked - namely, the Masgouf fish, a delicious meal of grilled and seasoned carp.
Masgouf fish is one of Iraq’s most popular national dishes and is still prepared using the ancient and unique Iraqi method for grilling fish. Watching this historical dish be prepared right in front of your eyes makes for quite a spectacular view!
Two other highly recommended dishes on Joummar’s menu are the Chicken Biryani (chicken cooked with seasoned rice, carrots, peas, and vegetable gravy) and the Quzi (specially and traditionally cooked lamb served with three different kinds of rice). Certain meals, like the Chicken Biryani, are available spicy or regular.
Joummar is also a fantastic spot for breakfast! The restaurant serves breakfast every day from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. One of the more popular items on the breakfast menu is the naan bread topped with beans and eggs, a meal that’s both flavoursome and nutritious.
Wash your food down with a drink from Joummar’s selection of fresh juices and soft drinks, and treat yourself to dessert after - no matter what you like, Joummar has something for you on its extensive menu including main dishes, soups, salads, rice, drinks, and even some internationally-inspired dishes. The full menu can be seen here.
Joummar’s atmosphere and menu put a unique twist on Iraqi food - which can be said to already be very distinct, mostly owing to Iraq’s cultural history going back thousands of years and the multiple occupations of the country, which all left their mark on the local cuisine. Iraqi cuisine can be best described as a blend of different civilizations, which is what makes it one of the most unique cuisines in its region!
In addition to Joummar’s intricately designed and gorgeous interior, the restaurant also has multiple levels and a patio, making it one of the best options around for social gatherings and fine dining.
In short, Joummar’s combination of traditional Iraqi cuisine and luxurious atmosphere make for an unforgettable experience that you’ll have to see (and taste) to believe. Don’t just take our word for it - visit Joummar yourself and see what you’re missing!
The restaurant is open every day from 9:30 am to 11:00 pm (reservations are required on Saturdays and Sundays). Reserve your table by calling 1-833-JOUMMAR.
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 100 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Interesting New Restaurant Opening Soon in Mississauga
- This Very Unique Cuisine Offers a Must Try Full Dining Experience in Mississauga
- Unique New Restaurant in Mississauga Provides Delicious Afghan Cuisine in a Casual Dining Environment
- Popular Restaurant J.Red & Co. Near Mississauga Has Revamped its Menu with a Unique New Concept
- Delicious New Menu Items Coming to This Authentic Italian Restaurant in Mississauga