Lowe’s Opens Its First Mississauga Location
Home renovation aficionados rejoice! Lowe's first Mississauga location has opened its doors. The grand opening event will be held on Thursday, January 28 and it will involve prizes, activities and a celebrity appearance.
The massive home improvement retail giant is opened now in the Heartland area at the corner of Mavis and Bristol. The opening event has a little more pomp and circumstance than other unveilings and some city brass will be there. The event will commence with a board cutting and charitable donation presentation to The Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Peel.
The opening event promises some locally famous faces -- namely city councillors Carolyn Parish and Ron Starr -- and a slew of opening weekend events.
Customers can check out free sessions, giveaways and contests. If you're a big fan of HGTV, you might be happy to hear that you can attend a Q&A and book signing with Bryan Baeumler on Sunday, Jan 31 that will run from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. That same day, the store will host a Build & Grow for kids and an NBA All Star Challenge.
The first 200 costumers on Jan 30 and Feb 6 will receive free $25 gift cards. You can also pick up complimentary t-shirts and product samples while supplies last throughout the grand opening events. You can also enter a contest to win one of three bigger ticket prizes.
If you're a contractor, you might want to check out an exclusive VIP event on Monday, Feb 1 that runs from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. The first 250 guests will receive a free giveaway. If you want to qualify for the giveaway, you must bring your invitation and business card. Lunch will be provided and there will be three draws for a $250 gift card and three Grand Prize Tool draws.
The new Mississauga location is the brand's 42nd store in Canada and is expected to create about 120-140 jobs and 40-50 seasonal positions.
- New Mega Pet Store Opening in Mississauga
- Popular International Store Opening Very First Mississauga Location This Weekend
- First-of-its-Kind Store Opening in Mississauga
- Brand New Store Celebrating Grand Opening in Square One Today
- Brand New Butcher Shop About to Celebrate Grand Opening in Mississauga
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity