Locke Street Easter Scavenger Hunt postponed as Hamilton goes into lockdown
With Hamilton thrown back into lockdown Monday (Mar. 29), organizers of the Locke Street Easter Scavenger Hunt are postponing the event that was originally scheduled to take place this Saturday (Apr. 2).
While no official makeup date has been announced, organizers are hopeful that the event can safely take place in mid-April.
“We want to do our part to keep this community safe and we will aim for a new date once we have more information on the length of this lockdown,” said Julia Guest, Events Manager at Modern Design Studio (MDS).
“I am hopeful that perhaps it can happen on Saturday, April 17th and correspond with the new ‘March Break’ week and be more spring-themed. We will communicate with families about this decision once all our stakeholders have been notified.”
The free event is a joint venture, mostly between members of the Locke Street business community: MDS, New Earth, Souvlocke, Empire Mortgage Group, and Hub of the Hammer.
The Scavenger Hunt sold out quickly and organizers say those who registered will have their spots honoured for the future date. They also hope to make new spots available.
- Hamilton businesses partner to deliver Easter Scavenger Hunt on Locke Street
- UTM & Sheridan Scavenger Hunt for Cash & Prizes
- Hamilton moving back to 'grey-lockdown' zone of province's COVID-19 framework
- Outdoor Art Event Set to Take Over Celebration Square
- City of Hamilton outlines restrictions under modified ‘Grey-Lockdown’ COVID-19 framework
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood
- Mississauga and Brampton may have seen last of the lockdowns, says Peel Region's top doctor