Interac e-Transfer Systems are Down
If you've been having trouble transferring money, you're not alone.
Interac Association recently announced that it's temporarily suspended e-Transfer service, effective June 30 at 4:15 p.m., to address "technical difficulties with the service."
The announcement came after multiple, clients with such major banks as TD and RBC, complained that they couldn't transfer money online.
Interac says the problem stems from an internal technical issue that has resulted in transactional delays. The issues have caused a number of transfers to be suspended.
Fortunately, the system and data remains secure.
Interac says financial institutions will not be able to process any transactions while the system is offline. Consumers will also not be able to send or receive any Interac e-Transfer transactions.
"Our top priority is making the Interac e-Transfer service fully operational as quickly as possible," Interac wrote on its website. "We are working closely with our technology partners and making every effort to bring the platform back up so that we can again begin processing transactions efficiently. Any transfers currently in transit are secure and will be processed when the system is back online.
The company says no other Interac services or products are affected.
Interac Debit, Interac Flash, mobile Interac products, Interac Online, and Interac Cash are operating normally and customers can continue to use them as usual.
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot