Interac e-Transfer Systems are Down
If you've been having trouble transferring money, you're not alone.
Interac Association recently announced that it's temporarily suspended e-Transfer service, effective June 30 at 4:15 p.m., to address "technical difficulties with the service."
The announcement came after multiple, clients with such major banks as TD and RBC, complained that they couldn't transfer money online.
Interac says the problem stems from an internal technical issue that has resulted in transactional delays. The issues have caused a number of transfers to be suspended.
Fortunately, the system and data remains secure.
Interac says financial institutions will not be able to process any transactions while the system is offline. Consumers will also not be able to send or receive any Interac e-Transfer transactions.
"Our top priority is making the Interac e-Transfer service fully operational as quickly as possible," Interac wrote on its website. "We are working closely with our technology partners and making every effort to bring the platform back up so that we can again begin processing transactions efficiently. Any transfers currently in transit are secure and will be processed when the system is back online.
The company says no other Interac services or products are affected.
Interac Debit, Interac Flash, mobile Interac products, Interac Online, and Interac Cash are operating normally and customers can continue to use them as usual.
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Changes coming to COVID-19 screening in Mississauga schools
- Utility companies warning of a scam threatening to leave Ontarians powerless and cold
- Peel police investigating after religious scriptures destroyed at Sikh temple