Idris Elba becomes latest celebrity to be diagnosed with COVID-19
Idris Elba has become the latest celebrity diagnosed with COVID-19.
The star of Beasts of No Nation, Luther, The Dark Tower, and Molly’s Game has tested positive for the coronavirus according to a tweet.
Elba, since finding out he came into contact with someone who had tested positive with the virus on March 13, has been in self-isolation since.
The winner of the 2012 Golden Globe for best performance from an actor in a TV series for his performance in Luther has become the latest celebrity to come down with the virus—Tom Hanks announced he had tested positive last week.
Currently, Elba has announced he is not been experiencing any symptoms and is urging the public to be careful to prevent spreading the virus.
“There are people out there who aren’t showing symptoms who can easily spread it—now’s the time to be really vigilant about washing your hands and keeping your distance,” he said in a tweet.
Cover photo courtesy of Idris Elba’s Instagram
- A No Frills employee tests positive for COVID-19 in Mississauga
- Leafs star Auston Matthews confirms he tested positive for COVID-19
- More Mosquitos Test Positive For West Nile Virus In Mississauga
- NHL says 26 players have tested positive for COVID-19 since June 8
- Ottawa Senators player tests positive for COVID-19