Iconic Lakefront Mississauga Restaurant Closed Due to Flooding
We recently said this wildly rainy spring has ruined everything from pre-planned patio days to parts of picturesque Mississauga parks.
Now, it appears it's taken a popular dining option away from Mississauga residents looking to enjoy some seafood by the lake.
Snug Harbour, the popular and long-standing waterfront resto that's known for its lovely patio, live music and long weekend lineups, recently announced that it is temporarily closed due to flooding.
The owners left the following message on Snug Harbour's official Facebook page:
Snug Harbour is currently closed due to flooding in the harbour area on Thursday May 25th. We are currently working with our landlord to re-open as soon as possible and will let everyone know as soon as we are open again.
We apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to seeing you all again.
Roy & Paul Clifton
The flooding has made parts of Port Credit unsafe (and therefore inaccessible) to pedestrians and has drowned vast parts of Toronto Island.
All in all, it's made for a very unpleasant spring.
There is no word on when the restaurant will be re-opening.
We'll keep you posted on any updates.
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity