Huge Police Blitz About to Hit Mississauga
Although there's never a good time to drive while impaired, drivers should vow to be on their absolute best behavior this Super Bowl weekend.
Peel police recently announced that R.I.D.E. (Reducing Impaired Driving Everywhere) will be out in full force this weekend.
For those who are unaware, R.I.D.E. focuses on detecting and removing impaired drivers who have consumed drugs or too much alcohol from the roads.
Peel police say they will be conducting Super Bowl weekend R.I.D.E on February 3 and 4.
"Peel Regional Police would like everyone to enjoy a safe Superbowl weekend and celebrate responsibly," the force said in a statement.
Police are asking anyone who plans on drinking this weekend to be responsible and ensure a transportation plan is in place.
"Sometimes even the designated driver slips. If nobody in your group is sober, it has never been easier to arrange for another mode of transportation," police say.
Police are also advising residents to choose a designated driver before going out.
"Impaired driving is no accident. In Canada, it is one of the leading causes of death on our roads that can be easily avoided by planning ahead," police say. "If you suspect that someone is operating a motor vehicle while impaired, call 9-1-1 when safe to do so."
- CLOSURE: Well Known Mississauga Buffet Restaurant Closed for Health Violations
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- 5 Worst Parking Lots in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Facing Huge Fine After Worker Dies on Site