Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
If you’ve been hankering for a vast and extensive Asian night market a little closer to home, you are in luck—the Mississauga Mid-Summer Night Music & Food Festival is going to hit the city this summer.
The two-day festival will be held at the Mississauga Chinese Centre and it’ll run from July 29-30. The event, organized by the Chinese Cuisine & Hospitality Association of Canada in partnership with the Mississauga Chinese Centre and the Mississauga Chinese Business Association, had its inaugural run last year as the Mid-Autumn Harvest Festival and Night Market.
This year, the event will feature over 80 food vendors, non-stop music created by both DJs and live performers, a summer night market comprised of Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Caribbean and Filipino dishes and more.
“There are over 60 booths with different style food and non-food vendors and there are two days of non-stop performances on stage, and all things are getting bigger than last year,” says Amber Bao, one of the event’s organizers. “Both food vendors and performances come from different Asian styles.”
Bao also said that organizers will host a few pre-festival events, including a mobile video contest and a prix-fixe special of sorts. Details on both initiatives will emerge a little closer to the festival.
Last year’s festival attracted over 30,000 attendees and you get a glimpse of the 2016 action here (just so you know, it involves footage of Hazel with a Hello Kitty balloon).
The festival will kick off on Saturday, July 29 at 12:00 p.m. and opening ceremonies will commence at 6:00 p.m. The event will wrap up on Sunday, running from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
We’ll keep you updated as more details emerge.
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Asian-Style Night Market Coming to Mississauga
- A Unique Food, Music and Culture Festival is Coming to Mississauga
- Here's Everything You Need To Know About Mississauga's Food Festival Happening This Week
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Province tells people in Mississauga to only celebrate Christmas with members of their own household
- Police searching for custom-made vehicle stolen in Mississauga
- Here’s how much the city could raise property taxes in Mississauga
- Police looking for missing 22 year old Mississauga man