Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
If you’ve been hankering for a vast and extensive Asian night market a little closer to home, you are in luck—the Mississauga Mid-Summer Night Music & Food Festival is going to hit the city this summer.
The two-day festival will be held at the Mississauga Chinese Centre and it’ll run from July 29-30. The event, organized by the Chinese Cuisine & Hospitality Association of Canada in partnership with the Mississauga Chinese Centre and the Mississauga Chinese Business Association, had its inaugural run last year as the Mid-Autumn Harvest Festival and Night Market.
This year, the event will feature over 80 food vendors, non-stop music created by both DJs and live performers, a summer night market comprised of Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Caribbean and Filipino dishes and more.
“There are over 60 booths with different style food and non-food vendors and there are two days of non-stop performances on stage, and all things are getting bigger than last year,” says Amber Bao, one of the event’s organizers. “Both food vendors and performances come from different Asian styles.”
Bao also said that organizers will host a few pre-festival events, including a mobile video contest and a prix-fixe special of sorts. Details on both initiatives will emerge a little closer to the festival.
Last year’s festival attracted over 30,000 attendees and you get a glimpse of the 2016 action here (just so you know, it involves footage of Hazel with a Hello Kitty balloon).
The festival will kick off on Saturday, July 29 at 12:00 p.m. and opening ceremonies will commence at 6:00 p.m. The event will wrap up on Sunday, running from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
We’ll keep you updated as more details emerge.
- Two People Transported To Hospital With Serious Injuries After Collision In Mississauga
- VIDEOS: Collision In Mississauga Results In Two People With Serious Injuries
- Serious Collision In Mississauga Leads To Road Closure
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- Mississauga-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Asian-Style Night Market Coming to Mississauga
- A Unique Food, Music and Culture Festival is Coming to Mississauga
- A Huge Food Festival is Coming to Mississauga This Spring
- Here's Everything You Need To Know About Mississauga's Food Festival Happening This Week