Huge and stylish building proposed for Mississauga
It's difficult to purchase a home of any kind in Mississauga—the Toronto Region Real Estate Board says the average price of a detached home reached $1,187,718 in January 2020, while the prices of semi-detached homes rose to $817,432, townhouse prices rose to $794,859 and condo prices rose to $539,788—but new construction is coming.
More supply could take some of the pressure off of current prices, as the city, much like other GTA municipalities, has a serious supply and demand inbalance.
Those who are interested in purchasing pre-construction properties in Mississauga might be excited to hear that a chic and stylish development has been proposed for the Gordon Woods area in Cooksville.
The Gordon Woods condo, if approved, will take shape at 2120 Hurontario Street, which isn't far from the QEW.
According to a former buzzbuzzhome listing, the Gordon Woods building could offer 29 stories and 594 units.
Edenshaw Developments zoned the property, and the zoning has been approved.
If constructed, the condo will add a little flair to the historic neighbourhood. With the Hurontario LRT slated to rejuvenate the area and drive more development, it’s likely that we’ll see more modern residential buildings proposed for the Cooksville neighbourhood.
In fact, major intensification is expected along the corridor, and poverty advocacy organization United Way is planning to focus on the Cooksville neighbourhood specifically to ensure that current residents are able to benefit from the significant changes that could be coming to one of the most diverse neighbourhoods in Ontario (and possibly Canada).
Floorplans and pricing are not yet available.
Cover photo courtesy of buzzbuzzhome.com
Editor’s note: Edenshaw Development says its participation with this project is limited to zoning at this time. The proposed building is still in the development stage. This article has been updated from its previous version to reflect this information.
- Huge new condo proposed for Mississauga
- New 400-unit condo and townhouse development under construction in Mississauga
- Condo Prices Rising as House Supply Dwindles in Mississauga
- Residents Form Coalition to Stop Condo Development From Proceeding as Planned in Mississauga
- Some Residents Fuming About Brand New Development Proposed for Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw