Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
Homicide detectives are canvassing a Ceremonial Dr. apartment following the death of a 50-year-old Mississauga woman.
“It’s still a suspicious death,” said Const. Bancroft Wright on Monday afternoon, adding police haven’t officially classified the incident as a homicide.
Emergency crews were sent to 20 Ceremonial Dr., along Hurontario St. - between Bristol Rd. and Eglinton Ave. - at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, where a female was located with obvious signs of trauma in her 10th floor unit.
The building is known as Gardenview Court.
Police are calling it an "isolated incident” and detectives are still on scene looking for leads.
The woman’s family has been notified of her death, however, the victim’s name has not been released.
There's no suspect information.
Tips can be directed to the homicide and missing persons bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
- UPDATE: Mississauga Woman's Death Now Considered a Homicide
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- Hamilton Police investigate city's first homicide of 2021
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- Stolen puppy returned to owner in Milton, truck remains stolen