Here’s Where You Can go to Cool Down in Halton Hills This Summer
Published July 16, 2019 at 2:56 pm
It hasn’t even been summer for one full month yet, and the Halton Region has already seen a heat warning been issued (a heat warning was issued for the region on July 5).
It hasn’t even been summer for one full month yet, and the Halton Region has already seen a heat warning been issued (a heat warning was issued for the region on July 5). With that being said, Halton Hills is reminding residents that there are a few places where people can go to cool down in the town in the event of extreme heat.
Here is a list of cooling centres located in Halton Hills.
Halton Hills Public Library (Acton Branch)
7 River Street, Acton
Halton Hills Cultural Centre & Library (Georgetown Branch)
9 Church Street, Georgetown
Gellert Community Centre
10241 8th Line, Georgetown
Acton Arena & Community Centre
415 Queen Street, Acton
221 Guelph Street, Georgetown
Halton Hills Civic Centre
1 Halton Hills Drive, Georgetown
Aquatic Facilities – Daily Recreational Swimmin
For recreational swimming schedules please call the pool of your choice:
- Gellert Park Splash Pad – Open daily 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dominion Gardens Splash Pad – Open daily 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Superior Glove Splash Pad – Open daily 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
(Splash pad hours are extended during heat alerts, normal operating hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Acton Indoor Pool – 519-853-3140
- Gellert Community Centre – 905-877-4244
Residents should note that swim admission policy and admission fees will apply.
The town has also outlined a few tips for residents to ‘beat the heat’ this summer. These tips are as follows.
- Drink plenty of water and natural fruit juices
- Avoid strenuous physical activity outdoors
- Take note that the temperature inside a car is even higher than outside
- Visit air-conditioned places
- Stay out of the sun and/or heat (UV rays are the strongest between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.)
Photo is courtesy of the town of Halton Hills’ website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising