Here's Where the New DriveTest Centre in Mississauga Will Be
We told you it was coming and now the location of a new DriveTest centre in Mississauga is official.
Mississauga’s new centre - its first, if you can believe it - is expected to serve an estimated 300,000 customers and help reduce wait-times at seven nearby centres once it opens.
And you won’t have to leave the city for much longer - and endure that brutally long wait for your licence — since it’s opening in August, the province announced on Friday (April 27).
The new DriveTest centre will be located at 255 Longside Dr., near Hurontario St. and Derry Rd.
The centre “will improve frontline service and reduce wait times not only for residents in Mississauga but also across Peel and the western GTA,” said Mississauga East-Cooksville MPP Dipika Damerla.
The announcement was made at the site by Damerla.
With the opening of this new location, Ontario will have 56 full-time and 39 part time DriveTest Centres in Ontario.
“This is great news for local drivers,” said Mississauga-Brampton South MPP Amrit Mangat.
“This new DriveTest Centre which is located in my riding of Mississauga-Brampton South will make life easier for about 300,000 people in Mississauga and the surrounding area.”
The province also recently extended the hours of operation at nearby DriveTest Centres including Brampton, Oakville, Etobicoke, Downsview, and Orangeville.
“This new location is part of our commitment to improve customer service and reduce wait times at DriveTest Centres throughout the area,” said Brampton West MPP Vic Dhillon.
“More locations mean shorter lines and easier access to services for everyone.”
In addition, a new DriveTest Centre in Markham is planned for spring 2019 to serve an anticipated 100,000 customers and reduce wait-times at eight other nearby centres throughout the eastern GTA.
- Major weather statement in effect for Mississauga
- Company creating close to 300 new jobs in Mississauga
- Don Cherry fired from Hockey Night in Canada
- CLOSURE: Fried chicken restaurant closed for health violations in Mississauga
- 40 YEARS LATER: Canada’s Biggest Evacuation in History Happened in Mississauga
- What You Need to Know About Mississauga’s Only DriveTest Centre
- Mississauga is Finally Getting a DriveTest Centre
- Province Moves Forward on Shorter Patient Wait Times for 2017-2018
- You Can Now Find Wait Times Info Online for Surgeries and Procedures
- New Health Clinic With Shorter Wait Times Open in Mississauga