Here’s When One of Mississauga’s Scariest Intersections Will be Fixed
If a major—but necessary—construction project in the city's south end is frustrating you, you're not alone.
And your patience is about to be rewarded.
In 2017, residents learned that big changes had been planned for one of Mississauga's most well-known (and controversial) intersections: Lakeshore Blvd. and Stavebank Rd.
If you drove around the area prior to the previous construction (or even more recently, although it's apparent that work is being done), you may have noticed that the particular alignment of the intersection doesn't seem quite standard.
Essentially, there isn't a straight path along Stavebank through the intersection with Lakeshore, which has posed some challenging safety issues when people are trying to turn at that intersection.
Now, construction in the area is in full swing—and residents are wondering when it will wrap up.
So, what's happening right now?
The city says it's working to realign Stavebank Road South with Stavebank Road on the north side of Lakeshore Road
To expedite the construction, there has been a lane reduction eastbound on Lakeshore Road East. The lane reduction on Lakeshore Road East will be in effect until approximately October 19.
According to the city, Intermittent lane restrictions on Lakeshore Road East will continue throughout construction.
But while no one loves construction, the end—and the results—are near.
The city says the anticipated completion and /or reopening date of Stavebank Road South is December, 2018.
Residents are advised to expect delays during the construction period.
- Popular Store Opens First Outlet in Canada at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Mississauga Makes Final Decision on Whether or Not to Allow Cannabis Retail Stores
- Mississauga Man Facing 45 Hate-Related Charges
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Police Looking for Witnesses in Playground Arson in Mississauga
- Fire Causing Delays on Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga
- Major Construction About to Kick Off on These Roads in Mississauga
- UPDATE: More LRT-Related Construction Coming to Mississauga
- UPDATE: Here’s What’s Happening With LRT Construction in Mississauga
- Mississauga Hosting Meetings on Future of Lakeshore Road