Here’s When Bombay Bhel Will Officially Re-Open in Mississauga
On May 24, 2018, one of Mississauga's busiest and most bustling neighbourhoods was rocked by something truly unprecedented: the detonation of an improvised explosive device (IED) in a popular restaurant.
The explosion, which damaged the long-standing Bombay Bhel restaurant—an Eglinton and Hurontario mainstay—sent emergency crews racing to the scene.
Peel Paramedics transported 15 patients to hospital, three of which were initially taken to a Toronto trauma centre.
All injuries were later reported to be minor in nature.
Now, almost four months since the blast, the restaurant is ready to officially open its doors to the public.
A representative of Dine Palace, a company that represents Bombay Bhel, says the restaurant will officially re-open on Saturday, Sept. 22*.
An investigation into the blast is still ongoing.
According to police, two suspects entered the Indian restaurant—where two separate birthday parties were taking place—with an IED and were seen fleeing in a vehicle immediately following the explosion.
Peel Police Chief Jennifer Evans said there's no indication the attack was a terrorist act or hate crime.
Six victims are currently in the process of suing the restaurant for damages in connection with the incident.
But while it is not yet known who carried out the attack or why, we're sure people will be happy to have the classic Indian resto up and running after a lengthy hiatus.
Photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics
Editor’s Note: Bombay Bhel representatives recently told insauga.com that the re-opening might be delayed. The restaurant is still expected to open the week of Sept. 25.
- 6 Mississauga Bombing Victims Suing Bombay Bhel Restaurant
- NEW VIDEO: Police Release New Footage of Suspects in Bombay Bhel Restaurant Bombing in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Police Set Up Task Force Following Bombay Bhel Restaurant Bombing in Mississauga
- Police Provide Update on Restaurant Bombing in Mississauga
- Victims in Mississauga Bombing Released From Hospital: Police
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win