Here’s what’s replacing The Three Brewers restaurant in Mississauga
If you love to pair craft beer with elevated, pub-style food, you were likely sad to see The Three Brewers—a popular Quebec-based chain—shutter its relatively young Heartland Town Centre-area resto for good.
Fortunately for beer lovers, a new brewery is set to pick up where The Three Brewers left off.
BUILD IT by Design, a Mississauga-based contracting company that’s worked with such major brands as Jollibee and Chick-fil-A, recently told insauga.com that it’s building a new Big Rig Kitchen and Brewery in the now-vacant space.
The new Mississauga location will be the first GTA restaurant for Big Rig—an Ottawa-based microbrewery that’s owned by parent company Foodtastic.
As far as food goes, the menu features avocado/shrimp toast, chicken tenders, sticky pork belly bites, pulled chicken nachos, southwest fish tacos, salad, poutine, mac n’ cheese, lasagna, fish and chips, pad Thai, butter chicken, jambalaya, steak, pizza, burgers, sandwiches and more.
Since Big Rig is also a brewery, it also features a ton of in-house brews, including pilsners, radlers, IPAs, ales, milk stouts and more.
It also offers wine, scotches, cocktails, mocktails and more.
While an official opening date has not yet been announced, BUILD It by Design says construction has started.
Big Rig is expected to grow its presence in the GTA following the Mississauga opening, with a new restaurant planned for Richmond Hill.
Cover photo courtesy of Big Rig’s Instagram page
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19