Here’s What’s Happening at Mississauga’s Biggest Holiday Celebration This Weekend
Are you ready for the holidays?
If not, you better work on resurrecting that Christmas spirit and embracing the onslaught of colour and cheer that you're to experience from now until Dec. 25, because Mississauga's much-anticipated annual Light Up the Square event is hitting the city this weekend.
The annual event, presented by Rabba Foods, is also the city's final Canada 150 celebration.
The festivities will take place on Saturday, Nov. 25 and will feature a pretty spectacular tree lighting, the opening of the massive Celebration Square outdoor skating rink, music, live performances and more.
Attendees can also purchase some exciting one-of-a-kind and artisanal wares at the Holiday Street Market, an event that's returning for the second year in a row that's scheduled to kick off at noon and wrap up at 11:00 p.m.
According to the City of Mississauga, the event will be hosted by Global TV's Liem Vu and will also feature an appearance by Mayor Bonnie Crombie. As far as entertainment goes, residents can check out the STARDREAMER Illuminated Experience by Creativiva Inc., which will boast a glow sway pole act, cosmic dance performances and over a dozen roaming acts from pixel poi performers to illuminated stars.
Live music will be provided by Mississauga’s own DJ D-Smooth and Hogtown Sound.
If you're coming to the event with little ones, note that you can take them to the Polar Stop for a selfie with glowing polar bears (not real ones, of course), the Light Painting Photo Booth and the a giant Lite Brite. There will also be a digital graffiti wall and face painting.
Attendees can also take in live performances at the Sauga Busks Stage and catch a show by the Culture Division Dance Pack at the Spirit Stop.
Families can also take photos with Santa and his elves.
Those worried about the chilly weather can stay warm by stopping by the S'more Station to roast marshmallows, grab a hot chocolate or stop by the Glow Lounge.
There will, of course, be a plethora of dining options, as the event will boast 50 artisanal and food vendors offering everything from gourmet fare to mittens.
For more info, click here.
- Mississauga Could Soon Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- New Lotto Winner Celebrating Big Win in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Emergency Crews Race to Fire in Downtown Mississauga
- New Report Indicates Mississauga is at Risk of Housing Bubble
- Mississauga Could Win Substantial Amount of Money
- PHOTOS: Holiday Street Market & Light Up the Square at Celebration Square
- Mississauga's First Ever Massive Holiday Street Market is Happening This Weekend
- Huge Halloween Event Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Major Event Headed to Celebration Square This Month
- Annual Art in the Park Event Set to Hit Mississauga