Here’s what’s happening at Mississauga’s biggest Christmas kick-off party at Celebration Square
We know it's only early November, but we're going to say it anyway: It's beginning to look (and feel) a lot like Christmas.
There's been snow (not a lot of it, but enough to snarl morning traffic), and stores and shopping centres are slowly starting to unveil their holiday decor. The most telling sign that the holiday season is upon us, however, is the announcement of Mississauga's annual Light Up the Square holiday kick-off event.
Light Up the Square 2019, which will be presented by Amacon Construction and held at Celebration Square, will take place on Saturday, Nov. 23. As in previous years, Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie and members of council will be on hand to welcome the holiday season with the lighting of the Square's massive Christmas tree.
The event will also include the official opening of the Celebration Square skating rink, so attendees are encouraged to bring their skates.
The event will be hosted by Global News anchor Farah Nasser and Celebration Square emcee’s Mariah and Selena Jasmine.
You can also catch The Big Sound live in concert on the main stage. This 25+ piece orchestra will create a unique Motown experience with a holiday twist.
Live performances will take place at 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm.
As far as entertainment goes, the city is doing a few special things this year. Guests can check out the Atraktiv Musical Bikes (which are coming all the way from Quebec). The interactive, illuminated musical bikes create a song when played together.
You can also snap a photo as you swing the night away on the LED Glow Swings.
Guests can also get creative with a giant 8ft Light Brite Wall and kids can explore the Little Borealis with glowing snow domes and a pop-up planetarium. Guests can also see the northern lights in a 360-degree theatre.
The family-friendly event will also allow little guests to take a photo at the Let it Snow Selfie Stop with characters from Frozen. Kids can also visit Santa’s Cabin to snap a photo with Old St. Nick and his elves
If you get chilly, you can visit the Glow Lounge, presented by TD Canada Trust. You can also stop by the Enbridge Cozy Dome and The Rec Room Geodome to play giant Jenga.
Gourmet food trucks will also be on hand to serve hungry attendees.
To learn more, click here.
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $3 mil Lorne Park home with beautiful interior
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga
- Houses still selling for sky-high prices in Mississauga--but COVID-19 could change that
- PHOTOS: Holiday Street Market & Light Up the Square at Celebration Square
- Here’s What’s Happening at Mississauga’s Biggest Holiday Celebration This Weekend
- Trick or Treating Event Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Another Huge Holiday Celebration is Headed to Mississauga
- Huge Hanukkah event coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga