Here’s how you can attend a drive-in Raptors viewing party in Mississauga
Well, it looks like we're heading to Game 7!
If you want to safely "gather" with fellow fans to watch the Toronto Raptors take on the Boston Celtics, you might be excited to hear that you can join hundreds of other fans this Friday, Sept. 11 at Paramount Fine Foods Centre's drive-in Raptors Viewing Party.
Ever since Aug. 21, basketball fans have been able to enjoy physically-distanced viewing parties from the safety of their vehicles at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre (5500 Rose Cherry Pl.).
The viewing parties are free to attend.
The games are broadcast on the big screen in parking lot A1 at the facility.
According to the Paramount Fine Foods Centre website, capacity is limited to 100 vehicles and guests are required to reserve their free tickets in advance. Each ticket admits one standard passenger car or truck (RVs and limousines are not permitted), so that means that only one ticket per vehicle is required (but all guests must have their own seatbelt).
This Friday's event will start when the gates open at 7:30 pm.
Registration (which is required) for the viewing party opened today (Sept. 10) at 10 a.m.
The website says guests and staff are required to adhere to current public health guidelines and follow rules regarding vehicle spacing, entering/exiting vehicles, PPE (for staff), contactless payment and ticketing systems and restroom procedures.
Masks will not be available for purchase at the venue, so all guests must remember to bring their own. All guests must have a mask for entry, with the exception of children under the age of two and those with medical conditions that prevent mask use.
Face coverings are mandatory when outside your car and when visiting restrooms on-site, but are not required when inside your vehicle.
Sound will be broadcast through FM radio and the station frequency will be provided upon arrival. Food and beverages will not be available onsite, so guests can bring their own snacks (although Paramount’s website says that glass containers, large coolers, and grills are not permitted).
Parking is based on a first-come-first-serve basis and capacity is limited.
All cars must be in their parking spot 15 minutes prior to event start time. Guests that show up late could lose their spot.
Guests must remain in their vehicles at all times, except when going to the restroom. There are no in and out privileges and events may be cancelled in the event of extreme weather.
The website says alcohol, drugs, lawn chairs, portable BBQs, pets and noisemakers are not permitted.
To learn more, click here.
- A drive-in Raptors viewing party is coming to Mississauga
- Here's how you can cheer on the Raptors in Mississauga on Sunday
- 32-hour all night marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests
- New Openings: Paramount Fine Foods Erin Mills
- Japan Festival Canada bringing exciting Raptors event to Mississauga soon
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne