Here’s how often Canadians are really washing their hands
A recent survey from Dial Canada, a leading soap manufacturer, has found many Canadians have increased their hand-washing frequency since the start of the pandemic.
According to the findings, Canadians are washing their hands more frequently and for longer periods of time.
Additionally, women are washing their hands more frequently than men, and one third of Canadians are washing their hands before eating a meal.
Based on the results, only 13.8 per cent of those surveyed said they washed their hands 10 times or more per day before the pandemic, compared to 36.9 per cent of people who said they wash their hands 10 times or more per day since the pandemic started.
Further, 19.5 per cent of respondents said they wash their hands 10 times or more per day since the pandemic started, while the most common hand-washing frequency--28.8 per cent of respondents--said they wash their hands three or four times per day.
Moreover, 64.8 per cent of those surveyed said they always wash their hands before eating, while 32.9 per cent said they sometimes wash their hands before eating, and only 2.3 per cent of respondents admitted to never washing their hands before eating.
“This survey certainly indicates that Canadians are taking handwashing far more seriously since the COVID-19 pandemic,” Maya Atallah, senior brand manager of Body Care for Henkel Canada Corporation, said in a news release.
“With consumers washing their hands more frequently, there is greater demand for hand soaps. To help address this need, Dial Canada is partnering with Food Banks Canada through the donation of soap products, as well as monetary support to help increase awareness and drive donations," she continued.
- Many Canadians turning to self-care options during pandemic
- 59 per cent of Canadians more motivated at work now than before pandemic: poll
- One-Third of Canadians Let This Item Get Unbelievably Filthy: Poll
- Canadians spending more time in bed during pandemic: survey
- More Canadians lost weight than gained weight during pandemic: survey
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga