Here's Big News for Mississauga GO Transit Riders
For most of us, we probably booked New Year’s Eve off work anyway and not planning to get back into the regular grind until the ball drops to ring in 2019.
But for those of us who decided it wasn’t that bad to go into work on Monday morning, the final Monday morning of 2018, you may have an easier time getting home if you take the train.
GO Transit has announced that they are providing early homebound service on Monday, December 31 in order to help customers get home earlier for their NYE celebrations.
Some train and bus trips will be adjusted or cancelled across the network to match demand, with GOTransit operating on a Sunday schedule on New Year’s Day, January 1.
Here are the schedule changes on the three GO train lines that run through Mississauga.
MILTON (going through Mississauga to Milton)
Early homebound trips will depart Union at 12:35, 13:35 & 14:35
Cancelled trips from Union at 16:55, 17:25 & 17:55
KITCHENER (going through Malton)
Mid-day service now provides regular early homebound options
- Early homebound trips will depart Union at 13:30 & 14:30
- Cancelled trips from Union at 17:15, 18:00 & 18:30
And if that wasn’t enough, GO and UP Express will offer free service on New Year’s Eve after 7 p.m. Customers can simply board without tapping their PRESTO card or buying a ticket. GO Transit will again offer additional late-night train service on some lines.
Extra trip will depart Milton at 20:20 to Union and arrive at 21:21
Extra trip will depart Union at 01:40 to Milton and arrive at 02:39
Extra trip will depart Georgetown at 19:00 to Union and arrive at 20:04
Extra trip will depart Union at 20:15 express to Mount Pleasant and arrive at 20:55
Extra trip will depart Mount Pleasant at 21:09 to Union and arrive at 22:04
Extra trip will depart Union at 01:40 to Georgetown and arrive at 02:41
- Extra trip will depart Aldershot at 00:01 express to Union and arrive at 00:46
- Extra trip will depart Union at 01:13 to Aldershot and arrive at 02:21
- Extra trip will depart Union at 03:23 to Aldershot and arrive at 04:31
- Extra trip will depart Aldershot at 02:31 express to Union and arrive at 03:16
GO Transit also has a few reminders to their customers:
Plan ahead for your trip home from the GO parking lot; a train ride will not sober you up.
Keep your celebrations polite and your ‘spirits’ bottled up. Drinking on the train is not allowed.
If you need assistance, please look out for GO’s Transit Safety Officers.
For more information about schedule changes on NYE for GO Transit’s other routes, click here.
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers