14 businesses that closed in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: April 24 to 30
Peel Public Health has begun naming workplaces and businesses in Mississauga and Brampton that have been ordered to close due to COVID-19.
Public Health recently issued an updated Section 22 Order that will direct all businesses with five or more cases of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days to close for 10 days.
Businesses will have to close if it's determined that the cases were acquired at work or if no obvious source of infection has been identified outside of the workplace.
The following businesses/workplaces in Mississauga are currently closed:
- Paradigm Electronics Inc., 205 Annagem Boulevard - Partial closure - Closed on April 27
- Applewood Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC, 3000 Woodchester Drive - Partial closure - Closed on April 27
- Canada Post, 4567 Dixie Road - Partial closure - Closed on April 28
- Premier Candle Corporation, 960 Britannia Road East - Partial closure - Closed on April 28
- TJX Canada Distribution Centre, 3185 American Drive - Partial closure - Closed on April 30
The following businesses/workplaces in Brampton are currently closed:
- Amazon Fulfillment Centre YYZ-4, 8050 Heritage Road - Partial closure - Closed on April 24
- Can Art Aluminum Extrusion Inc., 85 Parkshore Drive - Partial closure - Closed on April 27
- Kintetsu World Express, 100 Sandalwood Parkway West - Partial closure - Closed on April 27
- Canadian Tire Distribution Centre, 8550 Goreway Drive - Partial closure - Closed on April 27
- WG Pro Manufacturing, 10 Auction Lane - Partial closure - Closed on April 28
- SHW Pumps & Engine Components Inc., 175 Sun Pac Boulevard Unit 2A - Full closure - Closed on April 29
- Amazon Fulfillment Centre YYZ-3, 7995 Winston Churchill Boulevard - Partial closure - Closed on April 30
- TJX Canada Distribution Centre, 55 West Drive - Partial closure - Closed on April 30
- Massiv Automated Systems, 2550 Steeles Avenue East - Partial closure - Closed on April 30
A full closure applies to an entire workplace premises, while a partial closure may apply to a mass dismissal of a shift or work area.
Businesses will be removed from the list after being allowed to reopen by Public Health.
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health orders closures of Amazon facilities in Brampton and Caledon
- CLOSURES: Five more workplaces in Mississauga and Brampton partially closed over COVID-19
- Brampton business first to be ordered fully closed by Peel Health for COVID-19 cases
- Two Brampton and Caledon Amazon fulfillment centres partially closed by health department
- The list grows for COVID workplace closures in Mississauga and Brampton, 16 in Peel Region now
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police
- Popular Korean-style hotdogs joint coming to Mississauga