Here are some of the most popular baby names from the last few years
If any of your friends or family members have had a baby girl in the last nine years, chances are you’ve met an Olivia.
According to a report from the Province, from January 2010 to December 2018, more than 8,300 baby girls were named Olivia, making it the name of the decade.
As for 2018, the most popular names for baby boys are Benjamin, William, Lucas, Noah, and Liam.
For baby girls, the most popular names of 2018 are Ava, Amelia, Charlotte, Emma, and Olivia.
Additionally, there’s good news for soon-to-be parents who might be stressing about all the forms they will need to apply for in addition to what they’re going to call their expected child.
The Province has announced a five-in-one newborn bundle that lets parents apply for a birth certificate, a Social Insurance Number and Canada Child Benefits, including the Ontario Child Benefit and Education Savings Referral service online all at once.
So now all they’ll have to worry about is what to call their new addition to the family.
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- One person in hospital and multiple lanes closed following crash on 401 in Mississauga