Here are Official Voter Turnout Numbers in the Ontario Election
The winner -Doug Ford’s Progressive Conservatives- was quickly projected in the 2018 Ontario election and it’s all thanks to technology.
Elections Ontario says it “transformed the voting experience” for electors across the province during the 42nd general election.
The introduction of technology in the polls allowed media outlets to project a winner under 15 minutes from the time polls closed.
“We are proud that our measured and principled approach to modernization made voting even easier for many electors across the province while maintaining the integrity and security of our elections,” said Ontario’s chief electoral officer Greg Essensa.
Progressive Conservative leader Doug Ford cruised to a majority win, scoring 76 seats — easily surpassing the 63-seat threshold.
The NDP, led by Andrea Horwath, secured 40 seats while the Liberals fell to an all-time low of seven seats.
The Green Party made history with Mike Schreiner’s runaway win in Guelph, resulting in its first seat in Ontario.
The number of electoral districts in Ontario increased from 107 to 124 for the 2018 general election.
Unofficial results currently indicate that 58 per cent of eligible voters in the province cast their ballot, including those who voted by mail, at returning offices, in hospital, through home visit, during advance voting and on election day.
This is an increase from the 51.3 per cent of eligible voters who cast their ballot in 2014.
Official tabulation will take place for all 124 electoral districts across the province from June 9 to June 11.
As part of the unofficial results, the number of declined, rejected and unmarked ballots will be available here.
- A Few Quick Reminders on Election Day in Ontario
- Here's Why Election Day in Ontario Will See Shorter Lines
- BREAKING: Doug Ford's Ontario PC Party Wins Election, Forms Majority Government
- Advance polls are open for Canadian federal election
- Latest Ontario Election Polls Show NDP Gaining Ground, Tories Stalling
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Drugs found at kids playland as 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga