Heinz encouraging Canadians to ‘draw ketchup’
Have you ever wanted to see your artwork appear in stores?
If you have, a new campaign from Heinz could help you achieve that dream.
The company known for its condiments is encouraging Canadians to ‘draw ketchup’ for a chance to see their artwork appear on the bottle.
“Consumers love the unmistakable taste of Heinz, and people around the world give credit to Heinz Ketchup as the original and only option out there,” Daniel Gotlib, associate director of Brand Building and Innovation at Kraft Heinz Canada, said in a news release.
“We wanted to uncover that instinctual and intuitive association consumers have between ketchup and Heinz. When we anonymously asked consumers to simply draw ketchup, we learned that when people think ketchup, they think and visualize Heinz - everything from our deep red colour and distinctive name to the keystone label and, of course, our iconic glass bottle. “We know our fans are extremely passionate about Heinz Ketchup, and so we are excited to give them the chance to celebrate their love for the brand by offering them an opportunity to bring their drawings to life on personalized bottles," he continued.
The new campaign, available to Canadians, is inspired by a previous, international one that saw many people drawing what they feel best captures the essence of ketchup.
Some people drew a bright red bottle with “Heinz” from memory, while others focused on details such as the keystone label, a tomato hanging from a vine, or the number 57 on the neck of a glass bottle.
The quality of the drawings ranged from messy doodles to finely-rendered illustrations, but there was one thing that many of them shared--Heinz.
Canadians can submit their artwork online until January 31, after which the company will select their favourite illustrations.
Two-hundred-and-fifty people will win a custom box and bottle with their drawing on the label to be used the next time they want to enjoy their fries, or to keep as a memento to show off at their next barbecue.
- Kraft Heinz moving production of ketchup back to Canada
- Company behind slowest-moving ketchup launches slowest-loading website
- Ketchup and Mayonnaise Blend "Mayochup" Now Available in Canada
- New pink KD unveiled just in time for Valentine’s Day
- Here's how to win a lot of money playing spin the bottle in Mississauga
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze