Heavy Rain to Hit Mississauga
A special weather statement has been issued this morning for many regions in southern Ontario, including Peel and Halton.
According to Environment Canada, significantly heavy rainfall is expected throughout the day (Sunday, April 14), continuing into the evening.
20 to 40 mm of total rain is likely.
“Rain will continue today with the heaviest rain expected early this evening along with the risk of a thunderstorm,” the statement reads.
The rain is expected to end overnight or on Monday morning.
Residents should keep a safe distance away from low-lying areas and watercourses, as some flooding may be possible.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots