Haunted Escape Room Now Open in Mississauga
Looking for something a little different to do—perhaps over this long weekend?
Escape rooms have been growing in popularity in North America over the last few years, mirroring the Asian gaming trend initially creating a buzz in countries such as Japan and China. Escape rooms work because they’re both challenging and novel, offering guests the chance to exercise their minds and bodies. For that reason, it’s great when a new company hits the scene that does something a little more unique.
Halloween is months away but haunted house enthusiasts, take note of this address: 13 Sedah Ave. — there are bloody walls and floors, and a 45 per cent chance of getting out.
And it’s right here in Mississauga.
A horror-themed escape room is now open at NOWAYOUT.
“We are home to Canada’s scariest escape room,” said owner Kyle Wurtz.
The new room recently opened at the Lorimar Rd. facility near Dixie and Derry roads.
Players are locked in a room and have to solve a series of puzzles and escape or complete the room’s mission within a certain time frame.
“We know escape rooms may be old news,” said Wurtz, adding they’ve been taken “to a whole new level.”
He says a van escape is also in the works, slated to open next month.
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- By far the highest COVID-19 positivity in Ontario is in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now