Hamilton youth arrested, charged in connection to September 2021 shooting
Published January 27, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Police have arrested and charged a Hamilton youth in connection to a shooting that took place in September 2021.
According to police, the shooting incident happened on Sept. 13 shortly before 3 p.m. in the area of Sanford and Wilson Streets in central Hamilton.
When police arrived on the scene of the reported shooting, the involved individuals already fled the area.
Officers, however, located a shell casing, believed to be involved in the incident and the scene was secured and processed.
No one was injured in the incident, police said.
Further investigation led police to arrest and charge a young local man in relation to the shooting.
He is charged with:
- Prohibited Firearm- Loaded/Unloaded
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Careless Use, Carry, Transport, Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Ammunition
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm/Weapon
- Firearm or Imitation- Use of During An Offence
- Discharge Firearm With Intent
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
The accused is being held for a bail hearing and appearing before the Ontario Court of Justice in Hamilton.
Anyone with information related to this case is asked to contact Division 1 Criminal Investigation Branch Detective/Constable Tom Kersgens by calling 905-546-3817.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising