Hamilton mother inches closer to millionaire after top prize in Lightning Lotto game
A mother of three from Hamilton won the top prize in OLG’s Lightning Lotto game.
Sonia Wilson won $973,540.80 by matching all five numbers on one line.
The top prize starts at $125,000 and grows with ticket sales.
The 53-year-old said she shared the good news with those close to her.
"My close friends and family were very happy for me," she smiled.
Sonia hasn't made any plans for her windfall yet.
With Lightning Lotto, each $2 Quick Pick consists of three lines of five numbers from 1 to 49.
The winning ticket was purchased at Always Convenience on Main Street in Hamilton.
- Hamilton father ‘in disbelief’ after winning more than $1M on lotto ticket
- Hamilton steelworker's lotto loyalty pays off after big win
- 'That's too many zeros!" Hamilton man becomes instant millionaire with Lotto 6/49 win
- Mother and son from Hamilton cash $1 million after lotto win
- Hamilton business owner cashes winning Lotto Max ticket
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton, Halton and Hamilton under air quality warning from forest fires
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder