Hamilton man arrested in connection to East End shooting that sent woman to hospital
Published June 15, 2021 at 7:24 am
Police have arrested a Hamilton man in connection to a shooting in the city’s East End in March that left a woman injured.
Hamilton Police said that on Saturday (June 12) 24-year-old Cody Curran, of no fixed address, was arrested and is facing numerous charges in relation to the shooting on March 24, 2021.
At the time, police said they were called shortly after 11 p.m. to reports of a shooting in the area of Parkdale Avenue and Barton Street East.
When police arrived on the scene, they found a 25-year-old woman suffering from a gunshot wound. She was subsequently transported to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Curran appeared in court by video on Sunday (June 13), to answer to multiple charges, including attempted murder:
- Attempted Murder while Using Firearm
- Theft Over
- Fail to Stop After Accident
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Prohibited Firearm
- Careless Use, Carry, Transport, Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Ammunition
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was Firearm
- Possession Under $5,000 x2
- Fail to Comply with Release Order x 2
- Possession for the Purpose Schedule I
- Proceeds of Crime Under $5,000
Police said Curran remains in custody.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Greg Doerr by calling 905-546-2907.
To provide information anonymously, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising