Hamilton man arrested after police seize loaded handgun, illicit drugs
Published February 6, 2022 at 9:30 am
A Hamilton man is facing numerous charges following an overnight police investigation today (Feb. 6).
In the early morning hours, officers were called to the area of Main Street West and Bay Street South for a report of a person with a firearm.
“Upon arrival officers located a male matching the description provided to them and after a brief interaction, he was arrested without incident,” said police.
Police say a loaded firearm and a quantity of illicit drugs was recovered.
A 23 year old Hamilton man was arrested and charged with:
- Point Firearm
- Prohibited Firearm – Loaded/Unloaded
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Careless Use, Carry, Transport, Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Ammunition
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm/Weapon
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose Firearm – Use of during an offence
- Possession Contrary to Order X2
- Fail to Comply with Release Order – X2
- Possession for the Purpose Schedule I – Cocaine
- Proceeds of Crime Under $5,000 – Canada in and out
The accused, who has not been identified by police at this time, was held for a bail hearing at John Sopinka Courthouse in Hamilton.
Photo: Hamilton police handoutinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising advertising