Hamilton couple turns $1 into $100K with Encore win
A couple from Stoney Creek spent the extra $1 for Encore and it paid off to the tune of $100,000 in the Feb. 16 Lotto Max draw.
Sonia Walia and Michael Van Oosten matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order.
Sonia says she started playing the lottery with her husband, Michael, more regularly during the pandemic.
“I was in complete shock. I had to check it 20 more times to make sure it was real,” she shared.
The 48-year-old says she FaceTimed her husband right away to tell him they won big.
“It feels like it’s a dream. This win came at a good time for us.”
The couple plans to pay bills and invest their winnings.
The winning ticket was purchased at Circle K on Upper Centennial Parkway in Stoney Creek.
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after colliding with vehicle in Mississauga
- Costco scam targeting some residents in Mississauga and Brampton