Gunpoint Carjacking Suspect Arrested in Mississauga
A 26-year-old Brampton man is facing charges in connection with a gunpoint carjacking after police nabbed him in Mississauga.
The incident took place in Brampton on July 15 at 3 a.m.
That's when the male victim was returning to his car, which was parked in a commercial lot near Queen St. and Chinguacousy Rd.
The suspect allegedly pointed a gun at the victim and demanded his car keys.
The victim resisted and the suspect assaulted the man "several times with the butt of the gun," according to Peel police.
Keys were taken from the victim and the suspect drove westbound on Queen.
The victim was transported to hospital where he was treated for non- life-threatening injuries.
Officers stopped the stolen vehicle in Mississauga at 4 a.m. near Hurontario St. and Derry Rd. and a man was arrested at the scene.
Abbassy Uwambajimana is charged with robbery, imitation firearm- use while committing offence and fail to comply with recognizance.
He was held for a bail hearing at the Brampton courthouse on July 15.
Anyone with information is asked to phone central robbery bureau investigators at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3410 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- UPDATED: Man brought back to life after major crash in Mississauga
- Cancel travel plans, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urges Canadians
- System outage affecting online learning for Mississauga public school students