Gun discovered during search of Mississauga condo: Police
Two people are facing drug and firearms-related charges.
Peel police say that on Friday, Sept. 4, 2020, officers carried out a search warrant at a condominium in the Duke of York Blvd. and Burnhamthorpe Rd. W. area. Police allege that a loaded .357 Magnum revolver and ammunition were located over the course of search.
Police also allege that officers discovered quantities of two illicit substances.
Police say 27-year-old Mississauga man Jakeel Gairey and 20-year-old Brampton woman Kieran Louza are facing a number of charges, including possession of a prohibited firearm, possession of a controlled substance and more.
Both were held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Sept. 4, 2020.
“These types of offences represent a far too common (and dangerous) reality across the GTA,” said Deputy Chief Nick Milinovich in a statement.
“Our community is a safer place with one less illegal firearm and ammunition on the streets. This investigation represents another example of our officers reinforcing the narrative that gun and gang violence is not welcome in our community. Demonstrating their continued commitment to addressing this issue.”
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the Specialized Enforcement Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 3515.
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Man and woman facing multiple gun-related charges following traffic stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Firearm Charges After Police Called to House Party
- Five facing numerous charges after police seize guns and drugs in Mississauga and Brampton
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Major Mississauga roads closed after two-car collision