GO Transit Launches Partnership with Lyft at Select Stations
If you take GO transit on your daily commute out of Mississauga, this may interest you!
On Monday (July 15) Metrolinx announced the launch of its new partnership with ridesharing company Lyft.
When you either start or end a trip with Lyft at certain GO Stations, new and existing customers will save $4 on their next five Lyft rides.
Grabbing a Lyft to GO— GO Transit (@GOtransit) July 15, 2019
We're partnering with Lyft to make it easier for riders to connect to and from GO Stations through a six-month pilot program. Learn more and get the promo code here: https://t.co/wRvtyeGzOn pic.twitter.com/OfUGKFe2y6
“Our customers’ journeys begin long before they step foot onto one of our trains or buses - they begin the moment they leave their homes,” said Phil Verster, the President and CEO of Metrolinx. “Working with Lyft provides us with the opportunity to create convenient solutions while helping us offset parking pressures at our GO stations.”
The program has launched as a pilot for a planned 6 months and will be available at Exhibition, Oakville, Unionville and Bramalea GO Stations.
During the pilot, commuters can drop their pin in the pickup/drop-off zones in the Lyft app. The designated pick-up and drop-off areas at each station are marked with special signage.
Metrolinx hopes this pilot can improve the commuting process for people around the region.
“Lyft is passionate about transportation equity and reducing the need for single-occupancy personal vehicles,” says Aaron Zifkin, the Managing Director for Lyft Canada. “We are proud to partner with Metrolinx in a first-last mile solution to help riders get to and from GO stations, making it even easier to travel in the GTHA without a car.”
Both Metrolinx and Lyft are going to use the feedback of the pilot to decide the course of future partnerships.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2 mil family home with impressive kitchen
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga
- City Council Finally Legalizes Uber And Lyft In Mississauga
- Taxi Drivers Demanding Compensation from Mississauga Over Revenue Lost to Uber and Lyft
- Commuters Will Be Able to Order Groceries Online and Pick Up at GO Stations
- Major New Ridesharing Service Launches in Mississauga
- New Uber-Type Service Coming to Mississauga Very Soon