GO Transit Launches Partnership with Lyft at Select Stations
If you take GO transit on your daily commute out of Mississauga, this may interest you!
On Monday (July 15) Metrolinx announced the launch of its new partnership with ridesharing company Lyft.
When you either start or end a trip with Lyft at certain GO Stations, new and existing customers will save $4 on their next five Lyft rides.
Grabbing a Lyft to GO— GO Transit (@GOtransit) July 15, 2019
We're partnering with Lyft to make it easier for riders to connect to and from GO Stations through a six-month pilot program. Learn more and get the promo code here: https://t.co/wRvtyeGzOn pic.twitter.com/OfUGKFe2y6
“Our customers’ journeys begin long before they step foot onto one of our trains or buses - they begin the moment they leave their homes,” said Phil Verster, the President and CEO of Metrolinx. “Working with Lyft provides us with the opportunity to create convenient solutions while helping us offset parking pressures at our GO stations.”
The program has launched as a pilot for a planned 6 months and will be available at Exhibition, Oakville, Unionville and Bramalea GO Stations.
During the pilot, commuters can drop their pin in the pickup/drop-off zones in the Lyft app. The designated pick-up and drop-off areas at each station are marked with special signage.
Metrolinx hopes this pilot can improve the commuting process for people around the region.
“Lyft is passionate about transportation equity and reducing the need for single-occupancy personal vehicles,” says Aaron Zifkin, the Managing Director for Lyft Canada. “We are proud to partner with Metrolinx in a first-last mile solution to help riders get to and from GO stations, making it even easier to travel in the GTHA without a car.”
Both Metrolinx and Lyft are going to use the feedback of the pilot to decide the course of future partnerships.
- Lyft adds MiWay information to its app for Mississauga riders
- Metrolinx could charge for GO Station parking in the future
- City Council Finally Legalizes Uber And Lyft In Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: Where do you sit in an Uber/Lyft
- Taxi Drivers Demanding Compensation from Mississauga Over Revenue Lost to Uber and Lyft
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU
- Ontario pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine pilot to begin next week with Oxford-AstraZeneca