Georgetown resident celebrating big lotto win
Tywanna Carew of Georgetown is celebrating after winning a $100,000 top prize with Instant Crossword Tripler.
“I started playing the lottery a few years ago,” Carew told OLG. “I like the instant games.”
According to OLG, 49-year-old Carew played her ticket at home when she realized she was uncovering several words.
“I thought I won $20 and then I kept uncovering more words. My husband and I looked over the ticket a few times before we checked it using the OLG Lottery App,” she told OLG. “I was numb. I didn’t believe it!”
According to OLG, the mother of three told her children about her win right away. “One of my children said, ‘It’s not April fools, you can’t fool me!’” she said.
Carew plans to use her winnings to help her children and save for retirement.
“This win came at a good time,” she told OLG.
The winning ticket was purchased at Shell on Great Lakes Drive in Brampton.
- Mississauga Man and Couple Celebrating Lucky $100,000 Instant Lotto Wins
- Mississauga man wins big on instant ticket as he scanned his ticket 5 times
- Mississauga man was drawn to this huge winning lottery ticket
- Burlington resident celebrating big lotto win after she just started playing
- Mississauga Man Claims Winning Lottery Ticket Just Days Before It Expires
- Two Brampton residents killed in highway crash near Cornwall
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga secondary school
- If COVID vaccines ‘essential,’ Canadians could get shots in U.S. and no quarantine
- Grocery store employees in Mississauga and Brampton test positive for COVID-19
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021