Free Wi-Fi now available on all GO Transit buses, some trains
On Monday (Sept. 28), GO Buses and some GO Trains will start offering free WiFi to passengers.
In a press release, the province announced that riders will have access to GO Wi-Fi Plus, a user-friendly portal that offers free Wi-Fi as well as a variety of entertainment content.
"More than 80 per cent of GO customers named Wi-Fi as their most desired amenity, and our government is committed to make life easier for the people of Ontario by keeping commuters connected throughout their journey,” said Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation in the release.
“This initiative will make an important difference as it will help people work more efficiently, finish school projects or get important news and updates from family and friends.”
Once connected to the portal, riders get free data and have unlimited access to TV shows, audiobooks, e-books, music, podcasts and more.
While just 50 per cent of GO Trains will start offering WiFI on Monday, the rest will be equipped for it by early 2021.
“With hundreds of entertainment options to choose from, GO Wi-Fi Plus is more than just Wi-Fi, and will make the onboard experience even more convenient and enjoyable for customers,” said Metrolinx President and CEO Phil Verster in the release.
“We are so excited to bring GO Wi-Fi Plus to our customers on our buses and trains.”
Riders will have free access to 10MB of data per trip over a four-hour period.
Those signing in with registered PRESTO accounts will receive more data, at 50 MB per trip, according to the release, while customer access to the GO Wi-Fi Plus content portal does not count towards the data limit.
Metrolinx has signed an agreement with Icomera Canada Inc. to connect all 1,399 GO buses and trains to Wi-Fi.
- Here’s When WiFi Will Be Available on GO Transit in Mississauga
- BREAKING: GO Transit Announces that Children Will Ride for Free
- Metrolinx announces new reduced schedule for GO trains and buses in response to COVID-19
- Some Fido Users Can Get Five Hours of Free Data
- Funds for accessible buses and PRESTO expected to provide an easier ride for Mississauga and Brampton transit users
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Canada's Wonderland reopening for thrill-seekers on July 7
- Frustration mounts as Mississauga residents told second vaccine dose only available in Muskoka, Simcoe
- Hamilton Police announce arrest of Oliver Karafa and Yun Lu Li in Hungary
- More Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario residents now eligible for earlier second dose of vaccine