Free Tax Help Available for Low-Income Mississauga Residents
Lower-income families in Mississauga and surrounding Peel cities can breathe a sigh of relief this tax season, as the Region is currently operating its free annual tax preparation clinics.
The clinics are being held every Saturday (with the exception of Easter weekend) at regional offices in both Brampton and Mississauga.
The clinics are completely complimentary and offered to individual residents who earn $30,000 or less a year or households that earn $40,000 or less. The services are provided by volunteer members of the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) of Ontario as part of the CRA's Community Volunteer Tax Program.
Last year, more than 2,000 returns were filed through the region's program.
If you want to visit a clinic, advance sign-up is required. You'll be told which documents you have to bring when you make your appointment, but you should be aware that the clinic might not be a good fit for you if your tax situation is a little more complex (such as if you're self-employed or have declared bankruptcy).
You can visit a clinic at the Region of Peel Human Services Department (7120 Hurontario Street) on Saturday, March 25 and Saturday April 8. Appointments can also be made at Peel Youth Village (99 Acorn Place) on April 22. You can make an appointment at that location by calling 905-791-5576.
You can make an appointment at the Human Services Department by calling 905-793-9200 ext. 8427.
To learn more, click here.
- Multiple Lanes Blocked on 401 Following Collision in Mississauga
- Road Closures Due To Serious Collision In Mississauga
- Rental Rates are Climbing Higher in Mississauga: Report
- Emergency Crews Responding to Truck Fire in Mississauga Parking Lot
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga
- More Low-Income Ontarians Can Access Legal Services
- MiWay Piloting Programs for Lower-Income Residents in Mississauga
- Province Proposes Serious Changes to Areas Around Abortion Clinics
- Some Residents Eligible for Free Dental Care in Mississauga
- New Health Clinic With Shorter Wait Times Open in Mississauga