Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
Several areas in Mississauga are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal codes in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 21 to 27.
Of the top 50 listed, four are in Mississauga (one less than during the previous week):
L4T at 8.79% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
11th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (25th during previous week)
L5W at 7.22% (area of Derry and Mavis)
27th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L5R at 6.08% (area of McLaughlin and Bristol Rd W)
43rd highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L5G at 5.84% (Hurontario St and Mineola Rd E)
49th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
“For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 21 was 2.5% (versus 2.7% the previous week),” ICES reported. “The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.5%).”
For at least four weeks in a row, Peel has remained the region with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity out of all of Ontario's public health units.
The full data is available to read here.
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Four Mississauga postal codes are seeing some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in the province
- 8 Mississauga neighbourhoods that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Peel's Chief Medical Officer of Health chats about COVID-19 and vaccinations for Mississauga and Brampton- April 14, 2021
- 65% of all Mississauga and Brampton residents will have a vaccine shot by June