Flood Outlook Remains in Effect for Mississauga
Residents should be aware that a flood outlook, which was issued for heavy rainfall during the thunderstorm on Saturday, May 25, remains in effect for today due to high water levels.
“Some minor flooding in low-lying areas along the Credit River and its major watercourses may occur with the forecasted rain,” the city reported on Saturday.
“Heavy downpours associated with thunderstorms may cause flooding in highly urbanized areas.”
Residents are asked to stay away (and keep children and pets away) from the waterfront and all watercourses.
“Local streams and rivers may become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.”
To report flooding, call 311 or visit the city’s website.
- New Store Now Open in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault
- PHOTOS: Multiple Vehicles Collision in Mississauga Plaza
- Police Searching for Missing 17-Year-Old Woman From Mississauga
- Two-Vehicle Collision Results In Rollover Trapping Female Inside