Mississauga's Pearson and Hamilton airports reporting new flights with COVID-19 cases
The federal government is reporting four recent flights with COVID-19 cases at Pearson Airport and one at Hamilton Airport.
There were recently three domestic flights at Pearson, including one that landed and two that departed. An international flight from Amsterdam landed on May 9.
35 rows were affected across those four flights.
Additionally, a domestic flight from Edmonton landed at Hamilton International Airport on May 9 with seven rows affected.
According to the federal government, a row is considered affected if it’s three rows (two rows for business class) behind or in front of a row where a seated person is confirmed to have COVID-19 “during a period when they may have been infectious to others.”
Effective April 22, the federal government has suspended incoming passenger flights from India and Pakistan for a month as cases of COVID-19 surge in both countries.
Passengers who were sitting in the affected rows — or all passengers on the flight if rows aren’t specified — are advised to self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days and contact public health if they start showing symptoms of the virus.
All flight data is listed on the federal government’s website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga dealing with 9 flights with 89 rows affected with COVID-19
- 8 recent flights with 51 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- 47 rows across 8 recent flights at Pearson Airport in Mississauga were affected by COVID-19
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location