Excessive Rain and Flooding Possible in Mississauga
A flood outlook has been issued for Mississauga and surrounding cities.
Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) recently announced that Environment Canada is forecasting the possibility of scattered thunderstorms this afternoon.
CVC says localized thunderstorms are capable of producing torrential downpours of up to 50 mm over a short period of time.
"The threat of localized thunderstorms (up to 25 mm) will continue into Tuesday. On Wednesday, widespread showers and thunderstorms can bring additional 10 to 20 mm of rain," CVC says.
"While flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries is not expected, intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms can cause flash floods in urban areas."
CVC warns that local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
Children should be warned to stay away from all watercourses.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Woman dead after being found in body of water in Mississauga
- 67 charges laid in massive firearm-related investigation in Mississauga
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel