Everything You Need to Know About a Stunning Water Lantern Festival That’s Coming to Mississauga
The best part (well, the second best part) of summer isn't the weather, it's the festivals and activities.
And it looks like a fantastic one is officially making its way to the city.
If you love the sight of beautifully-lit lanterns on the water, you might be very happy to hear that a well-known water lantern festival has big plans for Mississauga.
The Water Lantern Festival, which hosts events across the world, is coming to the city this summer.
The highly-anticipated event will take place at Port Credit Memorial Park (40 Lakeshore Road East) on Aug. 10.
The event, which will feature food trucks and music, will kick off at 6:00 p.m. and wrap up at 10:30 p.m.
So, what is the festival?
According to the festival's website, the Water Lantern Festival is "filled with fun, happiness, hope, and great memories that you'll cherish for a lifetime."
The festival, which is presented by One World LLC., invites attendees to "Light The Water" in a night that includes food, music and some very stunning imagery.
The family-oriented event allows attendees to receive their own floating lantern (which is included in the ticket price) to launch on the water. Guests will get a marker to decorate their lantern, a commemorative drawstring bag and a wristband for entry into the event. Using the marker, attendees can write something important on their lantern and "send it out to sea," as it were.
The ticket also covers the cost of collecting and removing the lanterns from the water following the event, as well as cleaning up any trash that may have been previously been in or around the water.
"Water Lantern Festival is more than just an event, it's an experience. We realize that everyone has different life circumstances and many are going through the same struggles and victories, heartfelt losses, and personal gains," the website reads. "These life-events and the emotions that go along with them make us human. At Water Lantern Festival, we bring everyone together to create an atmosphere of hope, unity, love, and happiness."
Those with environmental concerns should take comfort in the fact that, according to organizers, all lanterns are 100 per cent eco-friendly (made from wood and rice paper) and will be completely cleaned up after the event by festival staff.
As far as ticket prices go, adults tickets cost $38.99 until July 31. Late tickets cost $42.99 and same-day tickets cost $50.
Guests can also purchase a date night special for two people for $87.79.
The festival is free for children who are 7 years old or under, while non-refundable youth tickets (for guests from 8 to 14 years of age) cost $15.99 (or $21.39 with refund protection).
To learn more about the event and how to purchase tickets, click here.
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, close to 400 total cases found in Mississauga
- More than 1,500 residents without power in Mississauga
- House prices officially dropping in Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Big banks reducing credit card rates
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- A Stunning Water Lantern Festival is Coming to Mississauga Soon
- A Unique Food, Music and Culture Festival is Coming to Mississauga
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Japan Festival Canada bringing exciting Raptors event to Mississauga soon
- Everything you need to know about a huge beer and food festival that’s coming to Mississauga