Evacuation ordered due to report of explosive device in Mississauga
Police are responding to reports regarding an explosive device in Mississauga.
Peel police say an evacuation is in progress in the Silver Dart Dr. and Airport Road area.
A call regarding the incident came in at 3:55 pm.
Police say road closures will be in effect, with closures possible from Orlando Drive to American Dr. on Airport
Commuters are asked to find alternative routes.
Updates to follow.
Peel police say the area was evacuated after someone brought three WWII military-grade devices into a building to dispose of them.
“It was nothing with criminal intent, [the person] was just looking to have them disposed of,” Peel police Const. Bancroft Wright told insauga.com.
“They found the devices were actually live and as a result, they initiated an evacuation of the perimeter.”
Police say three business in the area were evacuated.
No injuries have been reported.
Road closures remain in effect in the area.
Police say road closures have been lifted.
- Three buildings evacuated after WW2-era explosives brought into Mississauga building for disposal
- Major Road Closures Following Fatality On Highway 410 In Mississauga
- Multiple Road Closures in Effect Today in Mississauga
- Multiple Road Closures Coming to Square One Area
- SHOOTING UPDATE: Major road closures and a male has died
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Police stop truck going over double the speed limit in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga