Employee at Mississauga Walmart tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at a Mississauga Walmart has tested positive for COVID-19.
Walmart Canada recently confirmed that an associate from the brand's Heartland Town Centre location (800 Matheson Blvd.) was recently diagnosed with the novel coronavirus.
"We are in contact with the associate and are keeping them in our thoughts. Everyone at Walmart wishes them a speedy recovery," Felicia Fefer Manager, Corporate Affairs, said in an email to insauga.com.
The associate last worked on May 6.
Walmart says that out of an abundance of caution, associates identified as being in close, prolonged contact with the affected worker have been directed to self-isolate.
"We have regular enhanced cleaning in the store and other social distancing measures in place. We have contacted public health," Fefer said.
"Rest assured, we will continue to take measures necessary to ensure the well-being of our customers and associates."
- Walmart Canada to hire 10,000 workers and introduce other measures amid COVID-19
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Employee at Dollarama location in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Something New has Come to the Heartland Town Centre Walmart in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Brampton school sends 18 staff members home over COVID-19 scare
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- Some elderly Brampton and Mississauga residents can get COVID-19 vaccines much sooner than expected
- Mississauga and Brampton schools get hit by the COVID-19 variants