Employee at Mississauga Walmart tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at a Mississauga Walmart has tested positive for COVID-19.
Walmart Canada recently confirmed that an associate from the brand's Heartland Town Centre location (800 Matheson Blvd.) was recently diagnosed with the novel coronavirus.
"We are in contact with the associate and are keeping them in our thoughts. Everyone at Walmart wishes them a speedy recovery," Felicia Fefer Manager, Corporate Affairs, said in an email to insauga.com.
The associate last worked on May 6.
Walmart says that out of an abundance of caution, associates identified as being in close, prolonged contact with the affected worker have been directed to self-isolate.
"We have regular enhanced cleaning in the store and other social distancing measures in place. We have contacted public health," Fefer said.
"Rest assured, we will continue to take measures necessary to ensure the well-being of our customers and associates."
- Walmart Canada to hire 10,000 workers and introduce other measures amid COVID-19
- Something New has Come to the Heartland Town Centre Walmart in Mississauga
- Employee at Mississauga FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- McDonald's location shut down after employee tests positive for COVID-19 in Mississauga
- Mississauga Councillor to Meet Walmart CEO Regarding New Store by Port Credit
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool