Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19, a letter from management indicates.
"We are working closely with a tenant who contacted us…concerning a confirmed COVID-19 case involving an employee of the tenant staff member," Lisa Flux, the mall's general manager, wrote in the letter.
The letter says the affected individual was last in the building on Sept. 22.
"The tenant is taking steps to ensure the individual does not return to the building until medically cleared to do," the letter reads, adding that the tenant's space and other areas within the mall have been disinfected.
The letter does not disclose which store or department the employee works in.
“In addition, the building’s janitorial provider has been requested to perform increased cleanings of common touchpoint areas including door handles, handrails, elevator call and interior buttons, and restroom fixtures,” the letter says.
The letter emphasizes that all mall tenants and vendors should notify management immediately if they learn that one of their visitors or staff members has tested positive for COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of the virus, such as fever, coughing and shortness of breath.
The letter also reminds employees to wash their hands frequently, wear masks and face-coverings, practice physical distancing and clean surfaces thoroughly.
- Employee at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga might have COVID-19
- Two employees at Mississauga GoodLife Fitness location test positive for COVID-19
- An employee at a Shoppers Drug Mart location in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Mississauga Beer Store location tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- One person in hospital and multiple lanes closed following crash on 401 in Mississauga