Eight Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Robbery in Mississauga
Officers are on scene for a potentially armed robbery in Mississauga.
Police received a call at 10:54 a.m. regarding a commercial robbery and a stolen vehicle in the area of Hurontario and Eglinton.
Four male suspects fled the area on foot, possibly with a weapon, police say.
No injuries were reported.
Eight schools in the area are currently under hold and secure:
- St. Hilary Elementary School
- St. Matthew Elementary School
- Huntington Ridge Public School
- Fairwind Senior Public School
- Cooksville Creek Public School
- Bristol Road Middle School
- Nahani Way Public School
- St. Jude Separate School
Tactical and K9 units are on scene investigating.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
UPDATE: All hold and secures have been lifted. Police have arrested four males in the area of Folkway Drive and Taffey Crescent, near Burnhamthorpe at Winston Churchill.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Three schools in hold and secure following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Two Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Linen Chest coming to Square One in Mississauga