Eight Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Robbery in Mississauga
Officers are on scene for a potentially armed robbery in Mississauga.
Police received a call at 10:54 a.m. regarding a commercial robbery and a stolen vehicle in the area of Hurontario and Eglinton.
Four male suspects fled the area on foot, possibly with a weapon, police say.
No injuries were reported.
Eight schools in the area are currently under hold and secure:
- St. Hilary Elementary School
- St. Matthew Elementary School
- Huntington Ridge Public School
- Fairwind Senior Public School
- Cooksville Creek Public School
- Bristol Road Middle School
- Nahani Way Public School
- St. Jude Separate School
Tactical and K9 units are on scene investigating.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
UPDATE: All hold and secures have been lifted. Police have arrested four males in the area of Folkway Drive and Taffey Crescent, near Burnhamthorpe at Winston Churchill.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Three schools in hold and secure following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Two Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Peel’s top doctor says Mississauga’s lockdown could work in short-term, says more needs to be done long-term to address spread
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police