Dr. Seuss Experience run extended at Square One in Mississauga
If you haven't had time to check out the Dr. Seuss Experience at the old Sport Chek location next to Square One in Mississauga, you need not fret—the exhibit will be sticking around for a little longer.
Kilburn Live announced that, due to an overwhelming demand for tickets, The Dr. Seuss Experience will be extending its stay in Mississauga until March 22, 2020.
The Dr. Seuss Experience, an imaginative and interactive journey into the world of Dr. Seuss, has garnered record-setting attendance since its world premiere at Square One in late October, organizers say.
Organizers say The Dr. Seuss Experience will close temporarily on Jan. 6 and will reopen with surprise enhancements and a new Dr. Seuss character on Jan 16.
Kilburn Live also announced that there would be no further extension to the run beyond this date.
To celebrate the sensory spectacle's success, Kilburn Live is providing up to 1,000 free tickets to select GTA public schools during the extended run.
"We are thrilled to be extending this highly popular engagement and look forward to providing opportunities for more guests to enjoy The Dr. Seuss Experience,” says Mark Manuel, CEO of Kilburn Live.
“We think as many children as possible should have the opportunity to enter the innovative and immersive world of Dr. Seuss that celebrates literacy, imagination, and many of the other important messages of the Dr. Seuss books. As such, we are working with select public schools to invite children who might not have otherwise had the opportunity to visit this Experience.”
The Dr. Seuss Experience takes each guest on a journey through nine different Dr. Seuss books.
The instalment features interactive elements from "Oh, The Places You'll Go!", "The Lorax" and "Horton Hears a Who!,” as well as speciality rooms dedicated to "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" and "If I Ran the Circus."
All the rooms are designed around key scenes and characters from each of the books.
The tour will travel to multiple, yet-to-be-announced cities across North America and as it expands, guests can expect new interactive additions, based on different books, to join the rotation.
To purchase tickets or receive information on future tour dates, click here.
Photos courtesy of Vito Amati
- PHOTOS: The Dr. Seuss Experience celebrates Dr. Seuss' birthday in Mississauga
- World premiere of the Dr. Seuss Experience opens in Square One in Mississauga
- One-of-Kind Dr. Seuss Exhibit Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- One-of-a-Kind Virtual Reality Experience Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Michelle Obama is reading children's books live
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- Mississauga's “first and only outdoor picnic and beer garden experience" now open
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- A fast food chain has had to close 40 locations amid the COVID-19 pandemic