DAILY UPDATE: Explosion of new COVID-19 cases rocks schools in Milton, Oakville, Burlington on Dec. 6
Published December 6, 2021 at 10:06 am
After several weeks of steady or declining COVID-19 cases at schools in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills, the number of new cases has exploded on Dec. 6.
Since last week, there are now 49 confirmed infections, up from 35 as of Friday morning, and nine classrooms are closed.
Since last week, 10 new Halton public and Catholic schools are reporting cases. Twenty-nine schools in the region continue to report at least one active COVID-19 case.
All of the closed classrooms are at the Catholic board, as the public board continues to apply a different standard than most boards in the province regarding closures.
When a classroom is closed, students are sent home to quarantine for at least 10 days and learn remotely.
As older cases are resolved, schools are removed from the listing.
Here is a list of all Halton schools, both public and Catholic, currently reporting cases:
- Abbey Lane: 2 cases
- Alton Village: 1 case
- CH Norton: 4 cases
- Central (JK-Gr. 6): 3 cases
- Escarpment View: 1 case
- Florence Meares: 2 cases
- Forest Trail: 1 case
- Guardian Angels: 2 cases
- Holy Cross: 5 cases, 2 classes closed
- James W. Hill: 1 case
- John William Boich: 1 case
- King’s Road: 1 case
- Martin Street: 1 case
- Orchard Park: 1 case
- P.L. Robertson: 2 cases
- Pauline Johnson: 2 cases
- Pine Grove: 1 case
- Queen of Heaven: 3 cases, 3 classes closed
- St. Bernadette: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Catherine of Alexandria: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Joan of Arc: 1 case 1 class closed
- St. Marguerite d’Youville: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Nicholas: 3 cases
- St. Scholastica: 1 case
- St. Teresa of Calcutta: 1 case
- Tiger Jeet Singh: 1 case
- Bishop Reding: 1 case
- Christ the King: 1 case
- St. Francis Xavier: 3 cases