Critically acclaimed Prime TV show "Wayne" filmed in unique spot in Mississauga
It’s always a treat to hear that a major TV show or movie was filmed in Mississauga, although the film location this time is one you may not have expected.
100% certified fresh and Amazon Prime show Wayne, which follows 16 year old Wayne as he sets out on a bike ride to Florida to get back the 79’ Trans-Am that was stolen from his father, chose Mississauga as a film location for the eighth episode of its first season.
The location in question: Diamonds Cabaret, a strip club located on Dundas Street East.
In the scene, Orlando and the principal stop by the area looking for an open place to get some food.
“It was during their conversation in the parking lot that I spotted in the background a MiWay express bus, which led me to figuring out that this strip club was an actual location in Mississauga,” said Reddit user _meatmybeat, who detailed the discovery to the Mississauga subreddit.
“Overall I found this funny because this scene in the show takes place ‘somewhere in Georgia’.”
Cover photo courtesy of IMDb
- These are the movies and TV shows partially filmed in Mississauga
- Did you know Prime's biggest TV series "The Boys" was partially filmed in Mississauga?
- A New and Very Popular Netflix Show was Filmed in Mississauga
- A Brand New Netflix Show is Filming in Mississauga
- Netflix Dramedy is being filmed in Mississauga
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga